Up
Down

Monday, October 19, 2020

 
First day at my new job! I'm still beaming with pride that I got this one, and it seems like a phenomenal place work so far. Everything in our employee orientation was centered around making it a nice place to work and the coworkers that I was able to meet seemed to really respect the place, which has been exceedingly rare in all the opsitions I've had previously. There's no curmudgeon in the group, as far as I can tell.

The only negative from the day came after lunch, when I settled in to my desk. I don't know if it was because it was so cold in my area or just my brain being an asshole as it's apt to do, but I felt a flood loneliness wash over me. Like, I'm proud to be there in that moment, but I just really wanted someone to ask me how my day was going so far. I wanted someone to be beaming with pride with me and for me. When I looked at my phone and saw there was a message, there was a fleeting moment where I was all, "Hey, someone cares", but it turned out that it was just our payroll system letting me know my account had been activated. Thanks, payroll bot.

I'm still certain this is going to be a great job and will lead to bigger and better things and I'm extremely excited for the possibility that I could get a condo in the next couple years. It's about god damn time I got my shit together. I'll be eagerly looking for that real nice form letter from the white house, hopefully, from the incoming president.


said Tommy T. at 4:33 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader