Up
Down

Monday, August 19, 2019

 
I had to quit my job because of how shitty it was and how it was affecting my mental health. After taking a call from a woman in her late fifties, so younger than my mom and dad,where the woman in question was having an issue connecting to our citrix server, I asked her if she could could open a webpage so that I could attempt to connect to her computer to help her out, and her response was to start bawling and tell me she didn't know how to open a webpage because she's "computer illiterate". I had to bite tongue damn near completely off to stop myself from congratulating her on being able to make it to mid-2019 and not know how to open a webpage. I don't recall how that phone call ended, but I do know I had her click on the blue E and navigate to a webpage. I put off giving my two weeks notice as long as possible, hoping to get a job lined up. Ultimately, I couldn't do it before my frustration reached its apex. I booked a few days vacation in Minnesota after I had finished the job to hit up a baseball game and a few breweries, which was ultimately a good time and absolutely what I needed after that nightmare of a job. Unfortunately, that's nine months of my life that I'll never get back and I feel like was completely wasted on what I had hoped would be excellent experience to forward my career but nearly completely broke me. Towards the end, I could barely get myself to leave my house on weekends and just sat at home drinking too much while watching the Law and Order: SVU marathon. It wasn't healthy at all and not what I wanted. I've since joined a team for the weekly pub trivia down the street from my house, I'm trying to reach out to get a group together to do a Pathfinder campaign because I prefer that to D&D these days, I'm applying to jobs that I think will be good fits for me in my area, I'm working on getting my apartment organized and working on eating right. I want to start working on learning a foreign language, Japanese or Chinese, so that a future vacation spot could be somewhere in Asia once I get my shit back together.

Earlier in the year, my dream condo went on the market, but it was $30000 more than the last time it was listed a couple years ago. I ran the numbers on its asking price and it would have made shit very tight, especially considering that I had a job that made me as miserable as it did. It sold the following month for $30000 under its asking price, so well within my range, and I'm sure with my credit as good as it is, I'd have been able to get the loan I'd need, but I'm telling myself it wasn't the right time yet, which sucks because my thirties are ending in a year and a half and I had hoped I'd be in a better spot by this time. Hopefully I can get there soon.


said Tommy T. at 3:51 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader