Up
Down

Monday, March 25, 2019

 
I don't know what to make of alcohol free March. It hasn't been extremely difficult, I think I've swapped one addiction for another, I drink gallons of coffee on my weekends. I got a promotion-ish at my shitty job. I say "ish" because they're bringing me full time from part time despite the fact that I've been working full time hours for six months, so it's really just a title change in HR with a slight negligible raise that they didn't want to give me because "Ihadn't worked there for six months yet", which was some bullshit I called them on because October-March is six months. If it's not, you're either bad at math, or you work for Aurora healthcare. I updated my resume because six months is five months too long for working in a call center. I've been putting off updating the resume because I didn't want to deal with the phone calls and emails "Greetings for the day! I was looking at the job portals and saw your resume and I was impressed with your experience at [current job]! I've got a position I'm trying to fill in the far flung suburbs that only tangentially has anything to do or has nothing to do with all the experience listed on your resume! And it pays minimum wage! You don't need insurance or days off ever, right?"

So I'm reading a self help book for my bus commutes and got to the chapter where the dude gave up alcohol and he said it always starts with people who shit like "I'm going to quit for thirty days just to make sure I don't have a problem." and he goes on to say that if you're making those ultimatums, you might have a problem because you're thinking about how ripped you'll get on day 31. I have no intention of getting ripped on April 1st or April anything. My intention is to order the turntable I told myself I'd buy when I got a job,then told myself I'd buy it when I quit alcohol for March, set it up, put on a record(which one fluctuates between folk punk records, Kepi Ghoulie, the Lillingtons, or Sigur Ros) and crack a hazy IPA to really be a fucking hipster. I want to believe that's not problem level drinking.


said Tommy T. at 7:25 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader