Up
Down

Friday, March 30, 2018

 
I'm now three weeks into my job and I'm basically training two new people how this company works. At this point, I've got a decade of experience in this industry and I'm training people who have less than two and don't gave any kind of education. I'm trying not to feel superior, but their troubleshooting skills and their basic knowledge of how systems work is lacking. The guy training me is having a new kid in a month and is mentioning that he'll be gone soon, so they lean to me saying "Oh, Tom can help us". So, I'm beginning to see that I'm really fucking good and knowledgeable at what I do and I'm severely underpaid, especially if I'm training people. I'm not a teacher,by any means, but,if they want me to explain to noobs how I come to the conclusions that I do, they need to show me the proverbial money.

I had to attend a meeting early in the morning, pre-coffee, about ITAR, or something about International Arms Resolutions and how I'm supposed to make sure I'm not divulging information about how to use our products to cause terrorism, which I literally paid no attention to because, if COBRA comes to me offering more money and actual benefits, then fuck you, America, me and COBRA Commander are fucking shit up in the name of anarchy. Rather than paying any attention to it all, I daydreamed about the condo that went on sale yesterday that was foreclosed on a year ago, and is reasonably-ish priced and how I'd like to live there and fulfill that resolution about being a person the little curly haired girl would want to date.When they started talking about government shit in my meeting, I started having a Goodwill Hunting conflict. I thought about buying my condo and getting a dog from a shelter, whatever was the most pathetic looking doge I could find is,hopefully a grey pitbull,and her name will be Ellen Ripley because she'll be a badass bitch and she'll have a dog bed and we'll go to the dog park down the block together. I might be Lennie from Of Mice and Men...


said Tommy T. at 8:24 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader