Up
Down

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

 
Just did my first phone interview for a job that actually pays more than what I'm looking for. Like always,I don't feel good about how it went. I hate phone interviews. I hate interviews, period. I hate them for the same reason I hate dates: I get so nervous about it, I forget my entire life, so answering questions is extremely difficult and I stumble through it, vomiting up a word salad rivaled only by Donald Trump. I prepared for this one, looking up relevant information about the company so I could reasonably answer why I want to work there better than "because I want a fucking job and it appears that you have one available." I wrote down questions to ask because you're supposed to ask questions of your interview because you're interviewing the company as much as they're interviewing you. Maybe the whole corporate drone, middle class, home owner lifestyle isn't my thing and I should stop trying to fit in. Give up on those dreams of being a contributing member of society, meeting a woman while out volunteering who isn't raging Christian religious, and being all dashing and charming and shit, and then going on extravagant vacations touring breweries that don't specialize in gross ass sour beers.

My dream condo that went on the market two weeks before I lost my job is now off the market, which might not be so bad. I looked at its page on zillow and noticed that there's no washer or dryer in the unit. I stayed at an airbnb while in Montreal where the woman who owned it put one of each in her kitchen and then ran her countertop between them, which was an interesting way to setup a kitchen, but I don't think it's something I'd want in my home or have to figure out how to plumb into a kitchen, so maybe it wasn't my dream condo, which is good considering the job hunt has been largely fruitless, with only nibbles from recruiters offering shit jobs doing phone support for insultingly low wages.


said Tommy T. at 1:22 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader