Up
Down

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

 
And I couldn't do it.

I spent weeks building myself up, working on what I was going to say when I saw her and then the moment came. I saw her after the race was done, presumably walking back to her car. I tried smiling at her to see if there was any reaction, while at the same time trying to not look like a goofball smiling at her. There was not. She looked dejected. I had wanted to say hi and ask her how she did. It was on my tongue but I couldn't get it out because she looked like she wasn't having any of it. Based on her bib number, she missed out on a top five finish by a second. I don't know if a fifth place finish would have gotten her anything or not, but, in that brief moment, I could tell a positive outcome wasn't going to happen. So I chickened out.


said Tommy T. at 6:55 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader