Up
Down

Sunday, July 31, 2016

 
I've currently got the most first world problem I've had in a while.I've got over three weeks of vacation I need to use by the end of the year and nowhere I really want to go to use it. My plan was to go to Vermont at the end of August for the Woodchuck cidery's summer festival,but their headlining band Sublime with Rome. I don't know who Rome is, but I know Sublime is a band that'll attract crowds of hippy stoner frat boy dudebros. If I go to the Woodchuck cidery, I imagine my day is going to be so memorable that I won't remember any of it. Me getting drunkity drunk doesn't mix well with hippy stoner frat boy dudebros.

For the first time, traveling alone has lost its luster. I mean, my Quebec trip could only have been as awesome as it was by doing it alone because it was exciting to get lost in a large city where there's a better than average chance that someone I asked for directions won't understand English. The Michigan trip was good alone because I don't know many travel companions who'd be willing to hit up to five breweries in a day. It was almost a decade ago now that I packed all my earthly belongings in my Cadillac in an attempt to move to Seattle and I had the greatest trip of my life after introducing myself to the three rules of traveling that I still hold to this day, no regrets, no worries, and no fast food. It was halfway through that trip that I decided Montana kicked my ass because of how fucking huge it is and I had to devote a day to relaxing in Glacier National Park, which I would totally go to again, but in the Spring or with someone who would appreciate a mountainous park with the clearest water I've ever seen. I still hold to this day that it was the first and only place I've been able to say was breathtaking. If I were to go back, I'd have to stay in the same lodge I stayed at last time, but I'll be damned if I can remember the name of the place, it was either east or west glacier. Unfortunately, both exist and I can't tell from pictures where I might have been. I had always said that if I were to go back, I'd want to camp there for a week, but I don't know if camping is feasible in my post stroke world.


said Tommy T. at 10:00 AM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader