Up
Down

Thursday, June 30, 2016

 
Handled the car issue like a boss and still managed three breweries and a baseball game in a day! Is this how being an adult works?

I talked to a dude at one of the breweries about my trip and he said that I need to watch the sun rise over Lake Michigan because I only ever get to see it set on Lake Michigan from Milwaukee. That sounded like an awesome idea, but it'll have to wait until next year. Now that I've got my bearings on the logistics of this trip, I can more easily plan it out. I begin the Kalamazoo leg today and have a couple good breweries and a ciderie to hit before I get there. I'm scrapping the Detroit run because, even though the car is fixed, I lost too much time already to make it work. I've probably got about six more Michigan Breweries I want out of the way by Saturday, the 3 Floyds in Indiana on the way home and the Not Your Father's Root Beer brewery in Iliinois and I might do Lakefront when I get home because I've lived in Milwaukee for four years and haven't done the tour since moving there. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to want a beer again until hockey season.

I worry that I'm getting too good at traveling alone. After a trip to Quebec and a trip around Lake Michigan, I feel like I can handle all this shit and traveling alone is losing its luster. I've got perhaps Vermont in late August and then another week to use up by the end of the year. I wanted to go to Vancouver to see Winnipeg play Vancouver's hockey team, but the two don't meet until March. Maybe I'll do Winnipeg to see their outdoor game but tickets to that are going to be difficult to get. Maybe I'll use a week to make Tomsgiving X a feastival to end all feastivals.


said Tommy T. at 8:46 AM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader