Up
Down

Monday, January 25, 2016

 
I've been trying to come up with a list of things I want in a potential condo, since I lost out on the one I had been watching for a while. It seems like if I give myself a list like this, I'll be more likely to act on it or even get the ball rolling towards making this happen in the next 12-18 months.

  • Exposed brick walls
  • I had that at my previous apartment when I lived alone and I loved it, I thought it looked pretty fucking awesome.
  • a nice, modern, large, usable kitchen
  • Throughout my adult life, moving into new places, the kitchens I've been working with have gotten progressively worse. I don't need a kitchen with a dishwasher, but a fairly open space with room to put a butcher block table would be ideal.
  • Must allow pets, namely dogs
  • I've seen listings for places that are damn near $200k that say no pets allowed. How are you going to pay a fifth of a million dollars for a living space and not allow pets? If I'm putting down roots at that price and I think it a great idea to adopt a capybara, that's my own god damn prerogative.
Nice to haves:

  • some sort of covered parking, indoor heated parking would be phenomenal. Unfortunately, the areas I'm looking at tend to not afford that kind of luxury. One listing I saw said parking was in a detached structure for $125 a month. Deal breaker.
  • rooftop garden space
  • I'm going to buy a plot in my current neighborhood, but having that onsite would be cool.
  • A window like at my old apartment with a big ledge to sit on.
  • Bonus if it's a windows overlooking a farmer's market like at my old place. I could justify spending much more money on a condo than I'm comfortable spending just for that amenity.
  • Natural gas fireplace
  • "Obviously, not a requirement, but it'd be a bonus
  • Onsite fitness center
  • Even better if it's equipped with decent machines and plenty of free weights

The place that got away had all that except the window overlooking the farmer's market. Worst case Ontario, it would have had a window overlooking the ugliest post office in the world.


said Tommy T. at 8:18 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader