Up
Down

Saturday, January 24, 2015

 
An afternoon at the Ikea store because "new job, new digs". First paycheck as an actual employee of my bank and I wanted to see how to celebrate crass consumerism. I didn't purchase anything, just spent hours walking aronud getting ideas how to better utilize the small space I've got. The /r/personalfinance subreddit suggests spending no more than 30% of your monthly takehome on rent, which means the fancy new places a block away from the Whole Foods are out. If I stick it out for a couple years at the shitty small place with ridiculously low rent while saving money, I could have a huge down payment for those nice lofts by the ugly post office downtown where I could walk to work or get one of those electric bikes from the store in the third ward. I don't know. It's fun to dream about that kind of thing. I broke edge before hitting Ikea, purchasing some beers from the awesome liquor store the guy from work recommended because I'm considering going gluten free for Lent, just to see what that could do for me. I got one of the beers for that brewery's series of beers dedicated to the Repo Man soundtrack, which I'm saving for the NHL all star game tomorrow night. I regrettably skipped the one that Olivia Wilde said was her favorite beer in her AMA after she made that shitty movie about the brewery.

I worked on this one girl's computer at work and noticed her desktop background was a Neil DeGrasse Tyson quote and asked if she went to see him when she was in town last month. She, kind of embarrassed sounding, said no, she doesn't get out much. I wanted to say "I don't get out much, either, hell, I go home and watch hockey fights for fun, but sometimes you've got to do cool shit on your own because hell truly is other people.", but I didn't want her to get the wrong idea about me.


said Tommy T. at 11:56 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader