Up
Down

Monday, June 10, 2013

 
This new job is going to be a lot of work and I'm very excited. I was way overdressed in a tie because it turns out everyone wears jeans to work every day and casual Friday entails shorts to work. I can handle this. I have to replace 70 computers and get the rest of the 200 or so users onto Windows 7 while at the same time helping the other guy with any other tickets he gets. There's much to do with this position. I was taken to the disaster relief site, which is their backup in case of zombie apocalypse or nuclear holocaust or natural disaster, which seams silly because all of these things, if they affect downtown, will easily affect the area near the airport. But I need to assist with prepping the site for 200 potential users to use in a space that's sized for maybe 75. The pay isn't spectacular, but it's better than 0 and better than what I was getting at my last gig, which is just down the street from where I'm now at, so I can eat at the same places for lunch. I'm all for supporting the soup house because they have a monte cristo soup every couple weeks that sells out almost immediately. And they've actually got a budget for new equipment. They had a fucking pallet of monitors just sitting in the server room, which is more monitors than we got in the entire three years I worked at Newpage.


said Tommy T. at 5:51 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader