Up
Down

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

 
I got another job offer for a job that's in Kenosha. My job coach basically set this up and so I feel bad not taking it, but a 50 minute commute isn't ideal. The position I'm taking at the bank is only a contract, so that isn't ideal, either, but a ten minute drive every morning is awesome. Job coach asks "Did you consider moving to Kenosha?" Nope. For the first time in my life, I live in a place where I don't immediately hate every person I meet. I've crafted a life for myself here, I volunteer, I participate and I love walking around getting lost in unsafe neighborhoods. So, no, there's no way I'm moving to some shitty border town. The promise of White Castle any time I want is a good one, but not something I'll take. I'm in a place that I like and, for the first time, I'm willing to fight for it.

And I've got a third opportunity on the burner. An internship in Brookfield that I'm going to have to probably pass up unless it's part time enough where I could fit it into working full time at the bank because I'm not taking an internship that offers less pay, no benefits, part time hours and a twenty minute commute to the suburbs.

I'm looking at the calendar because I made it in under the wire for the deadline I gave myself for possibly swinging Fest. I'd love to do the week to do it up right doing the big Fest in Little Ybor pre-Fest that they have set up but a week off of work is probably not going to fly when I've been there for less than six months. I'm probably getting way ahead of myself as I don't know if the job sucks yet, but, dammit, I'm going to Fest this year not matter how much it sucks!


said Tommy T. at 9:09 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader