Up
Down

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

 
For the first time in two years, I was able to use a can opener! I've been using my splint regularly for the past few weeks to give it another chance and I'm getting limited movement back. I watched a video on the youtube with a man who used the splint for nine days and was drinking out of a plastic bottle with his affected hand. Drinking a beer with my left hand may not ever be possible, but I'm hopeful that I'll someday be able to hold my sharpening steel for knives to keep them up to snuff and not dull. Using a can opener again was a massive holy shit moment that I wasn't expecting at all while opening a can of tomatoes for chili.I had considered making videos of my progress to give a regular guy's perspective but video equipment isn't cheap for a contractor who is employed only when employers see fit for it. Videos of me picking up nerf balls wouldn't prove that exciting, anyways.


said Tommy T. at 11:58 AM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader