Up
Down

Friday, February 08, 2013

 
Part of me wants to know why I want to do something about this. I think she might have been genuinely happy to see me today, which made me feel like when I put on a sweatshirt fresh out of the dryer. I have this theory, though, that I see what I want to see. So, in all likelihood, she wasn't as happy to see me as I was her. I get that lightheaded "Oh shit, I'm having a seizure feeling" every time I talk to her.
It's a very terrible idea to do something about this, I've got references going back some fourteen years. They all lead to "Not in this lifetime." That's what I say to myself every day, "Not in this lifetime." This girl is the only reason I give a shit about what I'm going to wear to work tomorrow. I make sure shit's tucked in so I don't look like the other nerds. I've been wearing ties to work, which is uncharacteristic of me if I'm making less than $20 an hour. I don't want to look like a schlub for this girl. I think throwing that away would be a bad thing. And my favorite comedian ever is coming to my town in April. It would be very cool to have someone to go with, but that's a long way off and action needs to be taken before then so she's prepared to see me laugh until I cry at a fat man.


said Tommy T. at 6:03 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader