Up
Down

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

 
I have tremendous self doubt as to whether I can make it in Milwaukee but, after packing all my shit into boxes and uhauling it here, I'm not going back. That process was a pain in the ass that I don't want to deal with again. I'm living in a small space with less kitchen than I have stuff for, but I'll make it work, putting the table and chairs in basement storage until such a time that I can safely afford to live in the Blatz apartments. My first foray into grocery shopping was quite a learning experience. I stopped by Whole Foods because I live in a place with a Whole Foods now. On my way there, my smart phone navigation lady had me drive by the lake which looked amazing with sailboats on it. Walking down the food aisles, I can across a Jewish family. The father said to the mother(who looked like Kyle Broflovski's mom) "Mum, do we need olives?" I almost high fived him because he spoke with the inflections Jewish people stereotypically have on TV. I laughed to myself and thought "I live here now!" On that same trip, I found out I like guacamole, even though it looks like boogers and that Whole Foods' CCQ is fucking great, but not $8.99 for 8 oz. great. I was panicked over whether or not I could handle starting my extremely temporary contract position this morning, but the radio man played Waiting Room while I commuted. While shouting along I'm planning a big surprise, I'm gonna fight for what I want to be my worry lifted. Yeah, I can handle this place.


said Tommy T. at 6:17 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader