Up
Down

Monday, December 27, 2010

 
Normally, at this time of year, I compile a list of my favorite records from the year. I very well could do that this year, but the top five list would only have three records or so, and two of them weren't very good. Fortunately, I had the good sense to not pay for the Against Me! record and downloaded it instead. It was honestly a waste of my bandwidth and the time spent trying to find it. It was honestly the poorest album I've heard in a long time. I can understand if Tom Gabel no longer is an anarchist. We all grow up, no matter how much we listen to the Descendents, but writing songs that are as bad as that album can't be attributed to simply growing up. I'm hoping it was just a record thrown together to get out of their contract. Now that they're looking for a new label to sign to, perhaps the next record won't be a train wreck. The Harley Poe record was pretty uninspired, I thought, I do like the zombie inspired folk punk, but it seems like they put It's Only the end of the World on every record they make. It's still a fun record and, if you've never heard them before, they're worth a listen. The Gaslight Anthem record was so bad, I've only been able to listen to it once all the way through and I had to force myself to do it that time. There was a new band this year that struck my fancy, they call themselves Red City Radio. Their record was my favorite that I heard this year. I'll admit I didn't listen to much this year, nor did I buy very much, I'll blame my staggering hospital bills for that, which I'm making a good dent in now. To give you a hint where to look for good music from this year, you should probably seek out Franz Nicolay, Titus Andronicus and Rumspringer who all put out records which may or may not be any good.


said Tommy T. at 3:08 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader