Up
Down

Sunday, November 01, 2009

 
I caught just about everyone I was hoping to yesterday, except for the bands that played at Common Grounds because that place has the asshole rule where you can't bring a bag in the venue, so you can pay them to keep it in a U-haul trailer for you while you're there. I'm not down with that at all. Because shit's so strict, there's always a massive line and, invariably, the guy at the front of the line is negotiating with the bouncer so he can bring his bag in.

While leaving the Andrew Jackson Jihad show to catch Cloak/Dagger I saw one of the more awesome things I've seen this year. The line was out the door and down the block, there's a lot of that going on this year, and the entire line was singing along. The entire fucking block. I regret leaving that show as early as I did because I was next to the stage, but Cloak/Dagger put on one hell of a show and The Atlantic wasn't that packed, surprisingly.

Hydration didn't keep from crashing last night, I slept in a chair for the entire Whiskey & Co. set, which I didn't really want to do, but had to to make Drag the River's set.

Florida throws down a little different than back at home. When we turn our clocks back to end Daylight Savings time, during that gained hour, bars stay open, effectively giving them an extra hour of operation. Florida doesn't play that way. I'm not sure why, perhaps they really hate making money or something, so that meant the bands stopped at fucking 1 in the morning.

By the time I got back to the hotel, my feet were both giant blisters and I was exhausted. I didn't try all that hard to find a hotel room show this time around because I needed to crash but I still slept like absolute shit.

I'm considering making the vegan brunch this year, but I don't know if I can take it. Vegan and me don't agree and, after looking at the port-a-potty at The Kickstand and the floor of the bathroom at Market St Pub, there's no way I'm pooping at a venue. No way.


said Tommy T. at 8:10 AM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader