Up
Down

Saturday, August 01, 2009

 
Social D. With Hanna who probably loves them, Mike Ness at least, more than I do. I've been looking forward to this one for months, even since Hanna brought it up.

Frankly, I was pretty nervous for this one. As mentioned above, Hanna has a great appreciation for Mike Ness and I was worried that, by the end of the night, I was going to hate him for it. Didn't happen. I think she possibly toned it down because I made this known to her last weekend, but I don't think she had to tone it down at all. I mean, I can't fault Mike Ness. He's fucking badass. He might need to work out just a little more and shave that facial hair that's almost as silly looking as Bob Dylan's, but he's still just about the ultimate badass in my book.

Favorite part of the show? Well, it's also my biggest regret, but during Ring of Fire, when Hanna threw back her head and shouted along let it burn, motherfucker. I don't know what it was about that moment, perhaps because I forgot about that part of the song and it took me by surprise or because motherfucker is my favorite swear word ever or because she looked so incredibly cute, some might say devastatingly cute, but something about the way she sounded made swoon. I regret not taking her in my arms right there and kissing her. I knew I should have right after that moment passed. That may have been a bad idea, though, because when I did kiss her after Ball and Chain, my song, I very nearly fell because of that whole she makes my knees weak when I kiss her thing.

All in all, good show, except for the opening bands who were very forgettable.


said Tommy T. at 10:01 AM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader