Up
Down

Sunday, July 05, 2009

 
You ever have one of those movies, the ones that are basically your fallback? I mean, the ones you put it on if you've had one of those days that didn't go anywhere near according to plan? It's probably not some cinematic masterpiece, but it's that goto flick that's there for you if you're down.

Yeah, mine's this particularly horrible movie called Angus. Certainly not the greatest movie ever made, I mean, shit, it's a movie based off a Chris Crutcher story, so you should know you're in for some serious bullshit because Chris Crutcher is a half-step below Harlequin romance novels. But, back in the day, if I had a particularly bad week, I'd rent that one Friday night, get a pizza and get to getting better.

It's one of those movies where you want to jump right into the screen and tell the main character that hey, shit's gonna be okay. And, yeah, by the end, dude figures out his grandpa was right with his "fuck 'em" ethos, but there's that whole build up to the end where it's like, "dude, hey, you're gonna get outta here and shit's gonna turn around. Maybe not right away, but that other dude, he's gonna get fat, like truly fat, where he's not going to fit through the average doorway without help and, man, you're smart enough(S-M-R-T) to not let that kind of shit happen. And maybe you'll wind up working some god damned help desk job where you help morans fix their shit, but at least you're not an auto mechanic, even if people follow their mechanic's advice more than they follow their help desk guy's(seriously, fuck all you motherfuckers who ask my advice and then do the exact opposite thing)." I don't know, maybe I'm the only one who thinks those kind of things, I'm perhaps a little insane and would really like a cigarette(I picked the wrong time to quit smoking) after watching some dude, who's possibly 55 or only 30 but appears older because his body is aging faster than normal on account of his severe coffee addiction, go for his third cup of coffee while I'm only halfway through my first at the coffee place.

It's probably been ten years since I've watched that flick, but I woke up this morning with a serious jonesing to see it again(and to figure out the etymology or the word jonesing). Unfortunately, it's one of those movies that didn't really find any kind of success, so it's nigh impossible to find anywhere, so all I've got to go on is the memory of that flick because I can't even find that shit on the internets. Ah well, maybe it's at the very bottom of the $5 bin at Wal-mart.


said Tommy T. at 11:01 AM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader