Up
Down

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

 
Since a big one was taken off the resolutions list, and that list has lately been less of a resolutions list and more of a "get this shit done sometime, preferably during this calendar year" type thing, I need to put a new one on. Or an old one that I gave up on because I'm lazy.

I need to get into shape. I don't need to shed pounds, I don't even know if that would be possible and it certainly doesn't need to be. I need this frame to not be skin and bones. I've got a few reasons for this:

  1. I'd like to avoid the curse that befalls just about everyone who doesn't get out of central Wisconsin, wherein their hairline recedes while their waistline explodes. This change generally happens post-30, so I've got some time before I really need to start worrying, but now's not the time to be complacent. Better to get a jump on things than wait.
  2. I don't think the guy looking back in the mirror is all that attractive, never have. He particularly never looks good without a shirt on. Perhaps losing the beer paunch might help that out. Unfortunately, that means less/no more beer. Strictly a whiskey man from now on.
  3. The disclaimer on my chest says this machine kills fascists. I'm all for truth in advertising.
  4. There's a certain girl who I'd kinda like to impress. Now, say we're out for a swim somewhere or something and I remove my shirt, because why would you swim with a shirt on, I'd particularly like it if she didn't say "No, I think you need to put your shirt back on." I'm not sure, maybe that makes me vain, which I'd rather not be, but I think I'm entitled to want to feel attractive to at least one person, right?


So I bought the yoga starter kit, which puts at the level of yuppie white woman seeking some form of spirituality. I'm still not sure about that shit as an actual workout, but I'm assured that you'll feel it when you're through. Anything that keeps me away from signing up for a gym, as I DON'T want to associate with the ipod wielding, sweatband wearing, douchebag jet set. Unfortunately, the guy on the dvd didn't have washboard abs. I still wouldn't fuck with the guy, but being able to contort myself into all kinds of uncomfortable looking standing positions really going to get me a neck like Rollins or a back like Atlas? I don't know.

I think it might even help out that the new apartment it nearing 100°. I'm pretty sure that I could easily the place into a sauna by just adding rocks and pouring water on them.


said Tommy T. at 12:33 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader