Up
Down

Monday, May 25, 2009

 
I've been looking forward to this one for probably a week and a half now. Soon as I got my days un-messed up and figured out when Memorial Day really was, I decided that it'd be the perfect time to see the Star Trek movie with the girl I'm really into. She expressed interest in seeing it, which kind of took me off guard, and got me pretty stoked because I haven't come across many that are interested in anything sci-fi, so, yeah, awesome.

And it was pretty much awesome. I'm pretty sure she gets as nervous around me as I do around her. When it comes to girls I like, I get extremely nervous, shy and quiet because I'd rather not do or say anything stupid, which I'm very prone to do. It's the kind of thing I'd like to get rid of, but it seems like it's not going anywhere. The nervousness died down a little since last time I went to hang out with her, I can tell, because, last time, when I was about halfway to her, I nearly turned my car around and headed back home. I very nearly had myself convinced that there was no way she was going to show up and that it was a bad idea to even try this but I continued on. I figured what the hell, it's worth a shot, which was a gamble that actually turned out pretty good.

This time around, I wanted to figure out if she's a head-tilt-to-the-left or head-tilt-to-the-right when it comes to kissing, which is one of those not all that important details, but a fun piece of information to know, anyways. I didn't necessarily care to take care of that in the theatre, as such a move is rather sophomoric and that's not exactly what I'm shooting for. I figured maybe putting my arm around her shoulder might be cool. Unfortunately, I ate smoked fish earlier in the day with my buddy and my hands smelled like it and no amount of washing would get rid of it. So maybe holding her hand is in order because, according to the guy in the Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist movie, "they just want to hold your hand". I don't know about all that, though, so I kinda chickened out on that move, too.

An hour and a half is a long time to drive home in a confined car with just my thoughts, especially when the radio man refuses to play anything worthwhile at all, so I took quite the mental berating. I swear I must have said "fuck" about a thousand times on the way back. Mapquest tells me it's about 100 miles between here and there, so that's ten times a mile. Yep, that sounds just about right.

Head-tilt-to-the-left or head-tilt-to-the-right: ??


said Tommy T. at 7:48 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader