Up
Down

Monday, April 13, 2009

 
Sometimes I wish I could get a government appointed job where all I do is whack people in the head with a folded up newspaper and scold them by simply say to them "No! Nnnnnno!"

I won't debate whether or not there's a bearded sky wizard controlling things because I'm a poor debater. I didn't go to school to learn how to debate, I have no interest in it. I'm only interested in fixing problems. You can debate all you want, just stay the fuck outta my way so I can fix shit. When I'm done, you can go right back to spewing hot air to someone who really gives a shit.

To me, it seems grossly immature and irresponsible to leave it up to god as far as our family size. Okay, let's assume there is actually a bearded sky wizard orchestrating anything and everything that happens. This poor bastard has got wars to worry about, tornadoes, earthquakes and other natural disasters to start, galaxies to start, shit to blow up, and pigs to make sure Jews don't eat. And now you're going to throw the inner workings of your junk on this guy's already full plate? It's fairly safe to say that you're an asshole, even if every sperm is sacred.

While driving home last night, trying to find a radio station not in the middle of a twenty minute commercial break or five minutes of commercials reminding me that we're in the middle of a 90 minute, commercial-free rock block, I stumbled on some religious station asking adults to join in on their program of praying for the next generation. They want you to join the already 10,000 strong people committed to praying to make the world a better place for the next in line. That's your solution to a problem? Getting on your knees and asking an overworked guy with a white beard and Titantic sized sandals to fix the problems you've created? It seems to me that those 10,000 people would better serve the next generation and all future generations by actually doing something and not asking someone else to do it, particularly someone else who actually does so little that people aren't sure he even exists. Why not, and maybe my ideas are too radical here, but bear with me, why not actually play a part in the lives of these youths? Become a coach, mentor, big brother, help habitat for humanity(seriously, you don't even have to know how to work a hammer all that well). Donate your old, virus riddled computer that you're just going to throw out anyways to a school. Teach a kid to read, teach them how to do maths. If you can't be bothered to help out, at least give money to a cause who can. Instead of giving money to that religious group who spends it on sending someone far away from home to extol the virtues of your religion to another country's indigenous people while trying to kill their culture that's existed far longer than your own and then try to scare them into it by promising eternal damnation when they don't want to switch over to your side, give that money to someone who's trying to bring about real change. REAL change, not "change you can believe in". There's a million things you could do, just get the fuck off your knees and do SOMETHING. Leave the bearded sky wizard alone. Let him work on more important things, like making sure I don't eat any bacon. Just do something because I don't want to have to scold you and try to force your nose into the mess you made.


said Tommy T. at 12:09 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader