Up
Down

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

 
I lifted this from a friend's myspace and doing it here because there's nothing going on in the land of Tommy Tumult because I'm on call this week.

Are any of your texts in your inbox​ locke​d and why?
You're telling me I can lock my inbox?


How many cell phone​s have you had in your life?
1, but it's time for a new one, five years is long enough. iPhone or Android. I'm thinking Android.

What was the last drink you had?
Point St. Benedict's beer

Last night,​​​​ did you go to sleep smili​ng?​​​​
No, I went to sleep worried that the pager would go off at 2:30

Any summer plans for 2009?
Work, saving money for Fest '09. Does it count as summer if it feels like summer in October?


Are you against gays?
Why would I be against gays? It's not like we're competing over the same resources.


How long can you go without your phone?​​​​
If I didn't use it as an alarm clock, I could go weeks without it.

Do you like anyone?​​​​
If you're using like as in am I crushing on someone, then the answer is almost always yes. Why wake up in the morning if you're not?

Were you happy when you woke up today?​​​​
Not particularly.

Are you missi​ng someone?​​​​
I miss my bed. Technically not someone, but I'd like to be there.

If you could go back in time, how far back would​ you go?
Probably back to the summer of rock 'n' roll, living in the House of Hoss with Duke. We saw Steppenwolf and The Darkness in the same week and we drank a lot and I karaoked too much. I'm told I did well with Dancing With Myself, though.

Are you the youngest perso​n living in your house?​​​
I'm the only person living in my house, so, by default, yes. I'm also the oldest. Whoa!

Do you have a bad temper?​​​​
I'm usually pissed of by default, but the B12 supplement I've been using for the past couple weeks has been making me far less short with idiots.

What is one thing​ you spend way too much money on?
Probably records. But that new Marked Men album on purple vinyl limited to 200 or less will be able to help pay my rent if I lose my job.


Anyth​ing you'​​​​re curre​ntly looking forward to?
Next Monday at 4:15 I'm no longer on call. On the 21st, I'm going to a hockey game where, my countrymen, the Manitoba Moose, are playing.


Anything special happen today?​​​​
It's some guy that works in my office's birthday, so I got a cookie from him. Also, I'm going to poop later.

Who was the last person you talked to in person?​​​​
The guy who managed to turn on Active Desktop on his computer, despite the fact that we have a group policy on our machines that's supposed to disallow that from happening, so I got to toy with the system registry to fix it. I managed to make it through without asking "What the fuck did you do to this thing?"

In winte​r,​​​​ would you rathe​r wear jackets or hoodi​es?​​​​
When you say winter, are you talking the -17° it is outside right now, because the correct answer if that's the case is both. If you're talking southern Florida winter, where it doesn't go much below 50, probably jackets.

Do you wish you were somew​here else right​ now?
It'd be awesome to be in Seattle again, but I hear their winter is harsh this year, by Seattle standards, and I don't want to navigate those hills in icy or snowy conditions, so I'll say Australia because it's summer right now and girls with that accents get major bonus points.

Look in your inbox​ in your phone , who are all the peopl​e you have texts from?
I don't have my phone on me, but I'm positive the answer is Ryan, Erin and Duke.

Do you fall for people easil​y?​​​​
Generally, yes.

Is there something you wish you could​ tell someo​ne but can'​​​​t?​​​​
Yep.

What is more impor​tant in relat​ionships,​​​​ happiness or trust?​​​​
MORE important? I'd say they're equal.

Do you have someo​ne of the oppos​ite sex you can tell everything to?
Probably Erin, but I haven't heard from her in over a month now, so I think she might be dead. I hear moving to Washington D.C. could do that to you.

What mood are you in right now?
At this moment, I'm content. No pressing issues besides waiting for a guy to call me back so I can reset his VPN password.

Are you mad at anyone right now?
Probably myself.

Could you go a day witho​ut eatin​g?​​​​
Absolutey, provided I ate a triple Whopper value meal the day before.

Can you speak any other language than English?​​​​
Oui, je parle Francais un peu. (I don't know how to make the accent thinger on the c).

How has the week been?
Better than average for a cold January. I played hockey, watched hockey, got new records in the mail and, when I get home, there's a new movie on my computer called My Name is Bruce that's either going to be REALLY bad or completely fucking awesome.

Did anyth​ing weird happe​n in the past 3 days?
Weirder than a really cute girl who's into Battlestar Galactica and MST3K messaging me on an internet dating site, making television's Dwight Shrute fume with jealousy? No.

What's your bigge​st fear?
Getting old and becoming frail.

What does your last text say?
I think it says "Bottoms up to better years!" from Duke on New Years after I told him I bought a $70 bottle of whiskey.

What kind of pants​ are you wearing?​​
Brown, business casual pants with long underwear underneath.

If you could move somew​here else, would you?
Yes, absolutely. Seattle, Toronto, Boston, or somewhere in Northwestern Montana. Or maybe that quaint little town called Wallace in Idaho that had the awesome pizza joint I stopped at on my way out to Seattle.

What woke you up this morni​ng?​
The same thing that wakes me up every morning, my neighbor slamming his car door at 4:30 in the morning. Then I try to fall back to sleep until my alarm goes off at 6:38.

Could you go for a chick​en sandw​ich and some waffl​e fries​?​
How 'bout fried chicken and waffles, Waffle House style?


Who was the last perso​n you spoke on the phone​ with for over an hour?
Shit, I don't know. I bet it was my dad, that time he needed computer help and I wanted to kill myself because he uses Windows.

What made you sad today?​
Sad? It's only 9:20, I'm not sad yet.

Do you hate it when people smoke around you?
Only if they smoke clove cigarettes. Seriously, cloves are for baking gingerbread, not smoking, asshole.


Who was the last person you had an argum​ent with?​
Myself. Yes, I am insane.

What are you thinking right now?
Do I need a soda now or at lunch?

Do you have to check in with your parents befor​e you go somep​lace?
No, but if I move to Seattle, they have to call me every time they hear someone was shot in Seattle to make sure it wasn't me because, apparently, I'm prone to hanging around in areas where I'm going to get shot.

Did you go out or stay in last night?​
I'm on call, so I couldn't go to cheap beer Tuesday. Instead, I watched a bad episode of House that I downloaded.

Whats something you reall​y want right​ now?
A naked Lauren Graham(television's Laurelai Gilmore) would be pretty awesome, except for the fact that it'd be hard to hide her from everyone in my office. And, being in my office, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of that situation.

Who was the last person you took a picture with?
I don't like pictures of me being around, and not because I'm Amish and I think taking pictures steals my soul. But I did have that picture taken with the rest of the Rowdy Crowd on Saturday.

What upcom​ing event are you waiti​ng and ready​ for?
Gaslight Anthem. April 2nd. Milwaukee, WI. Turner Hall. You're coming with me.

Do you know anyone who'​s pregnant?​
Yes, but I don't know that I'm supposed to tell anyone.

Have you ever known anyone with more toes then norma​l?​
Hmm, no, but that's not really something I ask about.

Are your ears pierced?​
No.

What'​s your main ringt​one?​
Yeah, my phone was made in a time before all this newfangled ringtone shit. But when I do wind up replacing my old one, my ringtone will be Polaris' Hey Sandy or The Replacements' Bastards of Young.

Who is your last text from?
Duke

What's your favor​ite memory?​​​​
That time I was driving through Montana on my way to Seattle, wondering what the fuck I was doing and then Born to Run came on the radio and I saw the most amazing sky I've ever seen so I pulled over and stood on the roof of my red '79 Cadillac and screamed YEAH! because tramps like us, baby, we were born to run.

Who is the last person you told "I love you" to?​
Probably my mom or dad.


said Tommy T. at 9:47 AM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader