Up
Down

Monday, December 29, 2008

 
One more softball to lob your way before filling in holes as to why there's so many of these December fluff posts. With 2008:The Year of Tumult coming to an end, it's time to make the resolutions for 2009:The Year of Tumult(because The Year of Tumult ends when I say it ends and I don't work according to some arbitrary calendar thought up by dudes in togas). Some are repeats, but those won't likely ever go away, so get as used to them as I am:

  1. Kiss a girl - This year, I'm striking the whole thing, I'm getting one of those that make it hard to walk or even stand up straight.

  2. Be even more awesome - I didn't think it was possible this year to be as awesome as I was. Now, it's time to step it up.

  3. Stop hating myself so much - Another recycled one, but it needs to be until I don't completely loathe the guy staring back at me in the mirror.

  4. Get some certifications - Now that I'm in the workforce doing things that kind of pertain to what I went to school for, and now that I don't want to do this for many more years, it's time to make myself upwardly mobile. To do this in the computer section, one either has to tap the right sacks, which I won't do, or get certifications. I'm gong to start with my A+, which you really only need thumbs to get, and then move on to Linux+, which I think requires middle fingers, and then either MCSE or, more preferably, the RHCE. Getting even two of those would make me a more attractive prospect to an employer and would get me out of "I downloaded spyware on computer because I clicked an ad that said I had viruses."(Please don't EVER!!! do that, even if the woman in the ad is an attractive Russian who says wiruses instead of viruses).

  5. Go to a Bruins game - The Boston Bruins somehow are in first place with a 14 point lead over the god damned Montreal Canadiens. That means, if the regular season ended today, the Bruins wouldn't lose to the Canadiens in 7 games in the first round of the playoffs because they wouldn't play the Canadiens in the first round. This helps out because the Canadiens choke in the second round, even if this is their centennial year. Eat it, Quebec.


I always add more after the fact, that list does seem a little short, particularly for as good as I did in 2008. Go to Fest isn't on the list because going there is a given. If I have to sell a testicle to get there, I'll be at Fest. If I have to be a drug mule for some Quebecois drug cartel to get to Fest, I'll do it. The "Go to a Bruins game" seems a little overzealous, largely because I hear driving in Boston means putting your life on the line and I don't really get vacation at my job because I'm not an actual employee, but what the hell? I can make it happen. The theme for 2008:The Year of Tumult was taken from a Mischief Brew song that youtube doesn't have so I can't link it, but I can try. Anyway, the lyric goes The greatest of all historical shams is believing you cannot do something you can. And so goes 2009:The Year of Tumult.


said Tommy T. at 2:42 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader