Up
Down

Sunday, December 21, 2008

 
I'm walking to work tomorrow morning, as the neighbors aren't about to shovel any of the 6+" of snow we got in the past 24 hours and neither am I after being unable to so much as reach over the five feet from my couch to my twelve pack to get another beer, let alone get up to change the record yesterday afternoon from fairly severe back pain.

I don't even have it in me to bake cookies, as was the original plan this weekend until back issues and my lack of an assistant that my wishful thinking had me believing I might have yesterday or today. The lack of help actually is a good thing because the breakfast I had planned for me and someone else(again, VERY wishful thinking on my part) didn't quite turn out as good as it looked in the picture in the Rachael Ray magazine(which, apparently, makes me gay for owning multiple issues). The sting of that is amplified by the fact that I went a little overboard in my grocery shopping preparing for cookie making.

I'm now mobile enough to reach for beer or whiskey or irish coffee or to change the movie to a different one I've seen twenty times, but I think another day of being couch ridden is in order because there's still pain there and it only gets worse when I look at the pile of snow at the end of the driveway or the thermometer that reads -8. Seriously, where the fuck is this global warming? Serenity now, dammit!

On the brighter side of things, whenever you enter The Fortress of Solitude, you had better be on your best behavior because, brave knight, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth:
DSCN1469


said Tommy T. at 12:45 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader