Up
Down

Thursday, October 09, 2008

 
Turns out I'm as bad a Jew as I am a Catholic. You'll recall earlier in the year I attempted the Catholic's 40 day fast thing wherein they give up something dear to them for some reason, it has something to do with Jesus. Well, I gave up the sin of Onan but it didn't go as well as I had hoped because that damned Avril Lavigne did a Maxim spread that wasn't really all that steamy or alluring or even all that hot. Hell, she looked pretty foolish, but it was enough to push me over the edge. I blame my friend for showing it to me because I don't generally look at that trash magazine.

Well, today I was supposed fast for 25 hours, from sundown yesterday to sundown today. No food, no water, and no work. And I can't even accomplish that. 25 hours without water, though? I'm not sure that I can ever do that, even if I tried, and I'm pretty sure asking off from work to celebrate a Jewish holiday wouldn't fly here, either. So, I'll never be absolved by god and never make it to heaven. Damn me.


said Tommy T. at 2:56 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader