Up
Down

Monday, August 21, 2006

 
Priorities for picking a hotel:

1. High speed internet that's not wireless because I don't have wireless in linux working yet.
2. pool/whirlpool to chill in after driving 500 miles(don't sing that song, either)
3. continental breakfast
4. AAA discount

Oh man, this has been THE awesomest day ever. It started out sad saying goodbye to my moms but got better when I ate at the place called Moe's Diner, because I can't pass up a place with a name like that. Turns out Moe's Diner is a rock 'n' roll themed diner, straight outta the 50's with each and every menu item named after something corresponding to rock 'n' roll. Good choice, Tom. I almost went with some Chubby Checker sandwich but I loathe Chubby Checker and his twisting, so I went with the Peggy Sue melt because it's named after a Buddy Holly tune. Good sandwich.

I cried when I hit the minnesota/wisconsin border, not sad tears, though, tears of joy because I never imagined I be able to do this. It still chokes me up thinking about it. The worst thing imaginable happened when I hit minnesota, as well. No my car didn't asplode, worse than that. My CD player died, relegating me to radio and minnesota only seems to have NPR stations that play the same episode of all things considered all day long. North Dakota so far is packed with jesus music stations. I don't know or care about your thoughts on the man, but you have to agree with me that songs sung about him are terrible, unimaginitive and poorly composed.

Photo Hosted at BuzznetBut quite possibly the awesomest part of the day came when I found Darwin, MN, home of the biggest ball of twine in minnesota. 8.7 tons of pure crazy wtf awesomeness. The man who gave tours at the museum behind the twineball was super kind and told me about the time he entered his 60's cadillac convertible in a demolition derby and kicked ass because 60's cadillac's were tanks. He also told me about all the cool shit I'd see if I stayed on the highway and not the interstate. I may now take more highways just so I could possibly see the Jolly Green Giant because the interstate sucks and is boring and doesn't have any cool places to eat.

I have promised humans whose addresses I know post cards when I successfully complete my trip. If I even kind of know you, get me your address if you haven't already and you'll get a post card from Tommy Tumult.


said Tommy T. at 8:38 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader