Up
Down

Thursday, March 01, 2018

 
Not feeling good at all about being unemployed yet. I'm at the point where I've seen the same episode of Roseanne four times in the last six months on the OTA channel that just repeats old '80s and '90s sitcoms and advertises farmersonly.com and where to buy catheters cheaply. I've been thinking a lot about what to do if this is a long term thing and how to prevent it from happening again.

School? Do I want to be going back to school at 37? What would I go to school for? Am I still capable of learning? I've tried to come up with an idea of what I'd like to do, but I'm not particularly good at anything except avoiding people. I'm not interested in much apart from food, punk rock, and staying fit. Staying fit isn't something I'm willing to get a job in at all because I have no patience for people who think it's too hard to learn how to plan and cook their own meals and not eat out five or more nights a week, or are afraid of being judged at the gym. Punk rock isn't really something I could apply to real life, short of an English degree or something so that I could write about it and I'm shit at writing about music. Food is a non-starter because I have only one usable side of my body and I'm utter shit at creating recipes on my own.

To pass the time, I've started watching Gilmore Girls again because that show became my security blanket while going to school in my twenties and living with the man who wore his ass as a hat. I started with season where Rory started going to Yale because that when it started to get really good and because I though maybe it'll get me in the mindset of going back to school. But now that it's March, it got me thinking that when I last went to school, this is when I was craving Spring Break and planning elaborate trips to follow the Boston Bruins hockey team around for a week or going down to Texas for SXSW. It might be cool to go to Texas, but I really don't follow music as much as I did a decade ago. I've mostly settled into listening anarcho-syndicalist folk punk bands who sing about overcoming alcoholism.



said Tommy T. at 11:11 AM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader