Up
Down

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

 
I got a job,but it's not going to be a long term thing.I'm not going to let it be. During my interview, they pointed out rather extreme turnover that they've had the past couple years. I thought it strange that they've gone through four IT directors in two years,but figured that's on them to figure out. Afterwards, their H.R. guy sat me down and showed me their benefits package. If Iwere to get hired on from being a contractor to a regular employee, there's no raise whatsoever. There's a chance,however, to get get quarterly bonuses if I meet arbitrary objectives that don't seem to be laid out in advance.You get ten days of vacation a year, there's ten holidays they get off, along with a floating holiday. The guy training me told me today he's expecting a kid next month."So, do they offer paternity leave?" "No, you get short term disability at 80% pay for a couple weeks." There's your answer right there. Having kids is nowhere on my radar considering I don't even date, but how a company treats its employees is pretty high up there. I looked around at everyone that works there, they're all my age or older, no younger folks whatsoever. I've got no misconceptions that I'm a young person anymore, but I've gotten butt surfed by enough employers to know that if an employer looks like a scumbag,they're probably scumbags.If they want loyalty and complacency, they're going to have to earn it. So I'm going to put in my time and continue to apply to other jobs in the mean time, hoping to find an employer that gives a shit about its employees and its community.


said Tommy T. at 6:22 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader