Up
Down

Friday, October 07, 2016

 
My work trip to Pennsylvania won't include the Flyers/Jets game I was hoping to catch because my boss wants the work done sooner than that. Everything is booked and set. I could still see aFlyers game, but I'm on the fence about it because I don't know how that week is going to go. My flight lands in Philadelphia at 9am that Monday and I don't know how long it'll take to get from the airport to the suburbs at 9am on a Monday. I don't know how many PCs I can bang out on the first day, but I figure I can finish one in 45 minutes. I've got 28 PCs to do over five days. The game I would go to is on Thursday. If everything goes well, I could be done by Thursday, meaning I could drive into town,catch the game, get a cheesesteak, stop at the Philly Pizza Company, order a hot tea and then head back to my hotel in Delaware to finish up on Friday in preparation of flying home.

I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing because I've never been to the east coast, so I don't know what to expect of the people, of the food, of the weather. I hear their sports fans are among the rudest in all of sports, which makes me skeptical of wanting to see a Flyers game. I want to see if I can find a Brashear jersey,though. I can pretend to be a Flyers fan for a night to protect my safety. The problem is, I'd be chancing that the whole week goes pear shaped and I'm way behind on Thursday, making me late for the game and making parking impossible and then being useless to finish up on Friday when we'll do our disposal run for the old PCs. There's a lot of prep work to take care ahead of this, just typing this out gave me more ideas of things I have to square away in the coming weeks. It's going to be a lot of work and hopefully a lot of fun. I'm trying to scope out food and breweries,but apart from the required Tony Luke's cheesesteak, nothing sounds like I can't miss it.


said Tommy T. at 9:22 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader