Up
Down

Friday, November 25, 2011

 
Extra hard work out day to make up for the gym being closed for Thanksgiving and for gorging myself on my delicious stuffing and the free pecan pie the gym gave me for finding the free pie coupon taped onto the leg press machine. I'm left with an abundance of stuffing which I'm trying to figure out what to do with. It's disappearing faster than I thought, but I'm considering a plate of Newfoundland fries but I don't know if I could deal with the guilt associated with eating such a considerably unhealthy dish. I mean, eating that would be akin to throwing the middle finger to that god damned ab machine that nearly killed me today after increasing the resistance by ten pounds.

I'm weaning myself off my anti-depressants, against the advice of everyone I talk to who are content on allowing me to be on mind control pills because "oh, you've had a hard year." I know this year has sucked ass, but I don't like crutches. I've given up on religion, I don't use my cane anymore, and I don't want anything to do with the crazy pills. Drug free in 2012.

After browsing interpunk.com to try to find something new and finding that they're re-releasing albums from my youth because they're ten years old now, I've been worried this week that I absolutely hate punk rock these days. The problem is, it's not that I hate punk rock in general, it seems like I hate all music and all people that associate themselves with punk rock culture because none of them walk the walk. They talk the talk, but don't follow through. It's distressing because I've spent half my life now following this and devoted an entire good sized record collection to the fact that rock 'n' roll saved my soul. In the end, it ultimately let me down. I don't know if it's the lack of crazy pills making me feel like that or what. I really hope not, I never felt like this pre-crazy pills


said Tommy T. at 2:05 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader