Up
Down

Thursday, February 11, 2010

 
I do my operation tomorrow morning. About the time you're working on your morning coffee, I'm going to be in an MRI tube, hopefully loaded with enough Valium to not be panicking about being in such an enclosed space.

I'm ready for this whole episode to be over with. I'm at the point where I want it to be two months from now, this whole mess something of the past, officially the worst start to a new year ever. I don't want to describe what's going on anymore because, honestly, I don't do a very good job of it. There's a lot of large medical terms that I don't understand and can't parse into understandable language. The best I can do is say "Yeah, there's an episode of House about what I've got.", which hasn't yet elicited the response I expect to see when uttering that statement. No one wants to have an ailment featured in an episode of House, it's not a good thing because every time, it's an epic battle to find the cause and cure for said ailment. Were someone to tell me their specific ailment was on House, after making sure it wasn't lupus, I'd make sure it wasn't one of the few episodes where the patient died. To my knowledge, mine isn't one of those, I don't know, I can't bring myself to watch that episode knowing the trumpet player guy has the same shit going on as I do because I don't want to see the super-extreme close-up of what's going on in his body because I'm sure I'm better off not knowing that information or seeing that.

The people here say they're praying for me, which, for probably the first time ever, doesn't have me cringing because I'm worried that this non-invasive operation is going to leave me a vegetable and I need to make sure that all parties involved know that I want to be turned into soilent green if that happens and that they need to do the same to the doctors that have assured me that won't happen if it ultimately does wind up happening.


said Tommy T. at 11:27 AM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader