Up
Down

Thursday, January 28, 2010

 
They tell me J.D. Salinger died, which means I should get a pack of Lucky Strikes in his honor, but I'm going to have to resist temptation, even though today's the day they told me that I'm going to actually be an employee of the place I work at starting Monday. I'd like for there to be celebratory drunkenness, possibly from that expensive bottle of whiskey that I bought for New Years' over a year ago, but I don't need to aggravate the shit going on in my head. You and I can both rest assured that when the shit's all taken care of, there's going to be a proper celebration which will include drink and fat cigars, so that I can both celebrate being alive and mourn the loss of J.D. Salinger and Howard Zinn and whoever else we lose between now and then. For this celebration, I may have to download that outdoor hockey game from Fenway Park, just to take in the Bruins overtime victory, even though what I watched of that game was uneventful.


said Tommy T. at 1:37 PM - #
|



Get Firefox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from tommytumult tagged with awesometown!. Make your own badge here.
 Subscribe in a reader